Sandra Bacchi is a Brazilian photographer, based in Pittsburgh, PA. Her background in cinematography provides her the foundation to bond her emotions into the images produced by her camera and photoshop tools. She blends different techniques to build a cohesive conversation between documentary and conceptual photography.
Earning a degree in photography at Escola Panamericana de Artes (São Paulo, Brazil -1997), Sandra turned her focus to cinematography, working on short films, documentaries, and commercials, in São Paulo and New York. In 2001, Bacchi attended the Hungarian International Cinematography Workshop D.O.P., taught by Academy Award winner Vilmos Zsigmond and Laszlo Kovacs.
In 2012, Sandra moved to NYC with her family and returned to her roots in photography at International Center of Photography, attending classes with Michael Foley, Martine Fougeron, and Barbara Mensch. She has also taken continuing education classes and workshops at the School of Visual Arts, the State University of New York at Purchase, Aperture and the Museum of Modern Art.
Selected Group Show
- “Photography Now 2017 Exhibition” - The Center for Photography at Woodstock, Juried by William Ewing, Woodstock, NY (November 4);
- "Black/White" - A Smith Gallery, Juried by Elizabeth Avedon, Johnson City, TX (August 4 - September 10);
- “35th Annual Juried Membership Exhibition” - Houston Center for photography, Juried by Rebecca Senf, Houston, TX (July 14 - August 27);
- "Black + White" - The Center for Fine Art Photography, Jured by Ann M. Jastrab, Fort Collins, CO (July 7 - August 19);
- "40th Anniversary Print Sale" - The Center for Photography at Woodstock, Woodstock, NY
- "She" – A Smith Gallery, Juried by Kat Kiernan, Johnson City, TX (May 5 - June 11);
- "Metro 31" - City Without Walls, Juried by Larry Ossei-Mensah, Siddhartha Mitter, Margaret O’Reilly, Newark, NJ (April 1 - June 3).
- "Procession," – Pop Up Show curated by Gisela Gueiros, New York, NY (October 21);
- "Art / formatto," – Pop Up Show curated by Lica Pedroso, São Paulo - Brazil (October 27 - 30).
- Edge of Humanity Magazine. September 2017
- Don’t Take Picture Magazine. July 2017
- Visionaire Magazine, Issue 41 World. 2003
- First place at the BMW International photography contest “As Seen By.” 1997